Unlocking Futures of Phoenix is a not-for-profit, volunteer driven organization committed to transforming the chaotic lives of young people through persistent and compassionate mentoring. Since 1985, Unlocking Futures has committed to transforming the lives of disadvantaged youth who exhibit maladaptive behaviors such as truancy, violence, gang membership, physical and verbal violence, and at-risk sexual activity.
To decrease the at-risk behavior of youth and to enhance the effectiveness of the people who live and work with them. Unlocking Futures of Phoenix provides both prevention and intervention programs.
We support the development of critical educational and social outcomes through our evidence based curriculum which leads to:
- Development of goal-directed behavior.
- Increased GPA and school attendance.
- Increased self worth and self-esteem.
- Increased sense of family, peer and community support.
- A shift in attitude and behavior, from being a victim to taking responsible actions.
- Decreased involvement in gangs, violence, and teen sexual activity.